In typical developer style, I just spent several hours hacking on something only to find a totally different way to accomplish the same thing in about ten minutes.
The short version of setting up ThinkUp app was pretty phenomenally easy:
- Create a free account with a free plan on AppFog
- Use Launcher.io’s ThinkUp Jumpstart one-click install (golden!) to deploy to AppFog
- Upgrade ThinkUp as prompted in your navigation bar
- Update Settings > Account > Enable beta upgrades so you can get the snazzy 2.0 beta
- Upgrade ThinkUp as prompted in your navigation bar (again)
- Add social media accounts in the plugins section
- Clear your browser’s cache
- Rock and roll
I’m intrigued by ThinkUp for a few reasons:
- It’s open source!
- It has a community that first identifies itself as friendly
- It has analytics! based on data!
- Its core codebase was written by one of my favorite developer-founders, Gina Trapani
- Anil Dash, Gina’s co-founder, is one of the best twitter users I know (seriously, did you see this tweet?)
Looking forward to seeing how this goes :)